Malaysia project description
Being a Girl Guide in Malaysia gives access to life skills and leadership training and development for the individual girl and young woman, enabling her to take lead in her own life and in society.
GGAM has set the ambitious goal of growing the organization from current 133,000 members to 300,000 members by end of 2020.
In addition to overall membership growth through schools and in communities, this project specifically targets the 16+ age group, working with Polytechnics, Universities and Teacher Training Institutes (TTI) to recruit and train new leaders and start new Girl Guide units.
Furthermore the project includes a 3 months pilot in one state of a new syllabus for community based guiding.
Girl Guides Association of Malaysia (GGAM)
- 1,560 New Leaders in schools recrutied and trained
- 285 New Leaders in Polytechnics, University and TTI's recruited and trained
- 250 New Leaders in communities recruited and trained
- 907 Social Entrepreneurship Trainer of Trainers in GGAM
- 249,909 Members total by end 2019
- 300,000 Members total by end 2020
April 2019 - December 2020